Thursday, June 2, 2011

On my mind...

Little chick love!





These are our little gold and silver laced wyandottes. Our very first backyard flock! They are already so loved. I actually had to tell PoopyPants to close the box in the truck because I was having a hard time keeping my eyes off of them and on the road. The kiddos were so excited, I let them miss school to shop for the supplies and pick them up. We are keeping 5 and 5 are going to a friend once they can be outside. Their names are; Silvermist, Poachy, Goldie, Omlet and Charlie.


And thanks again to Rhonda at http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/ for introducing this great 'On My Mind' idea.


6 comments:

rhonda jean said...

Hello Mrs Maker! You know my absolute top choice of chickens are the laced Wyandottes - either gold or silver, I care not. I envy you and your kids having those special birds. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Oh they are fun! Can you post some more pictures, as I have some chickens I have yet to identify!
Enjoy!

Becky said...

OMELET!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Rose said...

Oh do enjoy them. We once raised chooks from day old and they were the BEST girls.

RobynLouise said...

Charlie may need a change in the spelling of it's name if it starts laying eggs! I love little chicks but when the hen hatches 6 and they're all roosters it's a problem.

Mrs. Maker said...

Yes, we are really enjoying them. I actually call them 'the kids' and liken them to a nursery school class. One has a drink, they all have a drink. One decides to eat, they all eat. Nap time. You get the picture. Jo, I will post more pics as soon as I upload them. And RobynK, we didn't have an option of having these guys come sexed, so that is my biggest fear! Lol!