Friday, September 30, 2011

A Happy Life

I honestly feel like God himself has smiled upon my life. The kids are great! The new job is amazing. I really couldn't ask for more. (Well except to be 30lbs lighter, maybe.)

BedHead has been doing her schoolwork with minimal nagging. And today the Tiny Maniac lingered at the truck when I dropped her off at school, smiling her little toothless smile and telling me she loved me and she'd see me at lunchtime. Those are the things I tell her every morning. I guess she has been listening. It melted my heart. HannaBanana's teenage moods are easing and PoopyPants put out the garbage this morning without complaint. Peeper is as always my little shadow. I have been absolutely blessed to have these children.

I was on call for my new job this week. Each day got a little more comfortable. I didn't want to go anywhere in my uniform and was a nervous wreck about the pager going off the first day. After that I thought this is crazy, I have to get stuff done and went about my regular routine. Every subsequent day I felt a little more comfortable in my new skin and today, my day off, I felt naked without my watch. That is new...I've never worn a watch before in my life until I needed one for work. My co workers are awesome. They are so willing to teach and the truth of it is that there is so much to be learned as real life experience. Yes, I passed the same course of schooling that everyone else did, but I am green. So I really appreciate all they have to share with me.

I wish I had pictures from this weekend to share. We spent the night at our camper and had what may be the last campfire of the summer. *little tear* Then we spent the day at a nearby pumpkin patch and corn maze. I forgot my camera but Bedhead remembered hers so as soon as she uploads them I will post them.

Today is Amish Cinnamon Bread baking day. You know the starter that never dies because after a while of passing it around all your friends have them and you're stuck with them. I've started only taking 2 starters from each batch instead of 4 just to keep the bread population down. Today I have to bake 4 loaves. And since it is a sweet bread that will be enough for us til the next baking day. I promised Peeper we'd make cupcakes too so I had better run. We're going to taking the chill out of this old house with our cheery baking. And we may even listen to some Iron and Wine while we do it.

No comments: